Tuesday, June 14, 2011

alone

LIZ SAYS: Sometimes, I can just feel alone. After all, I have an excuse. I am in a foreign country and when Dick goes away, I am technically, alone.
I wanted a dinner companion and could find none. It was a harsh day for me. It seemed easy enough, just a person to eat dinner with. But, it was not to be had.
If I had thought about it in advance, it would not have been a problem, but, I just forgot about it and all of a sudden, I was alone. Everyone I asked was busy and I was, unexpectedly, by myself. It made me feel sad that I could not find a dinner companion. How sad was it that I could not just call someone and they would say, " Okay, I'll meet you at wherever because you want company and I am your friend.”
There I was, alone eating with my electronic device in a cafe. Thank heavens for Apple!
Ah, you know, Paris is still a beautiful city, and I did find things to do, if not someone to do them with.
There was a Brocante in my neighborhood, actually at my doorstep. There was the Luxembourg gardens, as beautiful as always, with a small orchestral concert, to boot.
It would have been a nice day, if the iPad had not eaten my original blog and I was not feeling bad about the lack of company.

No comments:

Post a Comment