Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Epilogue ot Boheme Show at the Grand Palais

LIZ SAYS: I have to say, after thinking about it for awhile, I think the show was very revealing in a way that I noticed from the beginning, but did not speak to. 
I hadn't decided to speak about it when I wrote the post, but now, I think I should note that there was a grand disconnect illustrated in this show. The Boheme speaks of people, not just an idea. The show gave flesh to everyone who took on the idea or interest of a so-called bohemian, but it did not deal with the actual gypsies, bohemians, or as they are called now, the Roma. It is a very large and obvious empty space where the traveling people and their art, their ideas belonged. After all, they aren't imaginary, shouldn't they be part of the picture? Ending the show refering to the Decadent Art Show made it seem like that was all there was to say. Surely, there is something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment