Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving Lincoln


LIZ SAYS: We went to the the movies on Thanksgiving afternoon to watch Daniel Day Lewis play Abraham Lincoln.
I noticed the movie theatre had posted a “No Guns Allowed” sign at the ticket window. It made me sad to think that the happy feeling, going to the movie with the family on a holiday should be even interrupted by a reminder no to bring your weapon into the theater.
Nonetheless, watching one of America’s most beloved presidents onscreen took me back to childhood autumns around Thanksgiving time.
The simplicity of being a kid, making the elementary school construction paper horns of plenty with multicolored vegetables pouring out of them, to go with our hand print turkeys. Back when the stories of presidents were new and unjaded.
I have to say it was kinda cool. Maybe that was nostalgia hitting me in the back of the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment