Friday, June 4, 2010

Tits up and Pear shaped

LIZ SAYS: To use two English quotes, everything has gone 'tits up' and 'pear shaped'Monday we have to apply for our renewal of our Title de Sejour, as in permission to stay in France. Our apartment is somewhat done and at this point I don't know why anyone would want me in their country. Our contractor is iffy, at best, at this point. I guess life can always seem harsh but it seems the closer you re to paradise the closer you are to hell.
The toilet is disconnected for the second time and the closet is empty, with all my clothing, stacked in the living room chairs. So this point, I don't care what anyone thinks, I just feel reduced to a pathetic, asking, being. Yeah, I want to stay in France, but the people I hired to make my living space livable don't give a damn. I'm so tired of asking people to do what I hired them to do and now I have to ask France to let me stay. The upstairs neighbors have asked for damages for the 'dust' they suffered during the renovation. Say what? That's right they say the dust flew upstairs, while they were on vacation.
We had to undo the toilet to prove to the downstairs neighbors that we cared about the 'leak'. It turned out that the workers found that the pipe had been drilled into, they think sabotage. WTF, where are we? WW2 redux.
But, I persist. I know this is where I should be and I will not give up. I have never bought an apartment and I guess this is what its like. Everyone is on our side, neighbors below and side to side. The president of the 'condos' is our next door neighbor. He likes us. They are a very pleasant couple with an artistic bent. Everyone has said that the upstairs and downstairs neighbors are a pain.
I seem to have made friends with the downstairs neighbors by redoing the bathroom pipes. So back to Monday, when we have to apply for our second Title de Sejour. I could not be in a worse position. I don't even like myself at the moment. I cannot believe how so many things can come to a sucking vortex at once. I guess one has to be careful for what one wishes for, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment