Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Manege Riding Academy Amsterdam


LIZ SAYS:
When I told him about it, Dick asked me," So, you wanted a pony, too. Just like all girls." 
I said, Yeah, one of my oldest memories was asking my grandfather if I could have a pony. I had just learned that horses ate oats. We always had a colorful round box of Quakers Rolled Oats in the cereal cupboard and, and, and we could feed the pony the oatmeal. 


Over next to Amsterdam's lovely Vondel Park is a sweet little treat. The preciousness is palpable as soon as you enter the inner courtyard and stalls of the Manege.  The thick, musty horse aroma, the large salon style flower arrangements, with candlelight, the constant swishing of the sweeping stable girls, the thick,soft thud of the horses hooves as they bow to the whims of tiny, long haired girls. Quiet waltz music plays as we carefully mince around the giant, masticating horses and their pyramids of poo.
This is the fantasy from which all the My Little Ponies are hatched.











No comments:

Post a Comment