Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Broncante On My Street

LIZ SAYS: Last weekend we awoke to the sound of horns and clanking pipes. Ah yes, the chaos of a Brocante setting up. A brocante is a combination junk sale, art sale, flea market, exotica sale. Everything from Russian cosmonaut suits, leftover sailor shirts, and helmets to original art from all over the world, old clothes and furniture and a very trendy item here, old metal bureau furniture that has been stripped and sanded. Its for that 'loft look' half rusty, half raw metal, very expensive made to look like it was dug out of a bin.
Dick went to Lemans for the day,ZoomZoom.
I, on the other hand, walked the brocante and arranged more of the apartment. It may seem like I say that a lot but just as soon as I get things almost together, in comes the workers to make a mess of everything, never managing to finish.
One thing I liked about the brocante is that there was not a thing I wanted. I love that feeling of not wanting anything. Another thing I loved about it was just the sheer variety of things. Some of the dealers go from brocante to brocante, so you seem them everytime there is a sale. Old French postcards literally are a tad racy. And there is nothing nicer than having a coffee at a bistro and watching people haggle over little liquor glasses or the aforementioned postcards with women showing their derrieres, ou!




No comments:

Post a Comment